Updated: Aug. 30, 2021
As of Aug. 19, 2021, vaccinations are required for all university employees, with exemptions for medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs.
Read President Policy Memorandum 317 for more detail.
All employees, including full-time and part-time faculty, staff, and wage, when fully vaccinated are required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Employees must upload their vaccination card, indicating they have received the COVID-19 vaccination(s), by Oct. 1, 2021. Employees will register in the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Self-Reporting form after receiving their final dose.
Below you will find detailed instructions on how to upload your vaccination record into this secure system. You may use any internet-enabled computer or mobile device to do so. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
1. Log into the form
- Log into the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Self-Reporting form using your PID and password.
- On the next screen, verify your pre-loaded information. If the information is incorrect, do not continue. Contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
2. Enter COVID-19 vaccination information
- Select the Vaccine Type you received (e.g., Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson). The system will adapt to the number of doses you need to enter based on the vaccination type.
- Enter the date(s) you received each dose.
3. Upload an image of your vaccine card.
- Select the image(s) of the front of your vaccine card that you want to upload from your device. Be sure your birth date is visible, and your image(s) include all doses of the vaccine.
NOTE: You can upload a photo or scanned copy of your vaccine card. If you have documentation on two different vaccine cards, upload images of both cards, or if it's on front and back, include both sides. For most, you will only upload the front of one card.
- Official documentation must contain name, birthdate, dates of doses, and the vaccine manufacturer.
4. Verify your information
- Be sure the information you entered is correct.
- Submitted information will be validated against your HR Banner record. Individuals who do not have valid vaccination records or an exemption may be required to participate in the university surveillance testing program.
- Following submission, you should receive a confirmation email from the registration portal that your vaccination registration is complete. If there are any issues or inconsistencies in the information you’ve entered, you may be contacted by Human Resources to address the concerns.
After you complete the vaccination reporting and upload an image of your vaccination card, you will receive an email confirming that your information has been recorded in the system.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please log back into the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Self-Reporting form and select "View History" to review the information you originally submitted and make sure the image of your vaccination card is included, then resubmit.
If you continue to have technical issues with the reporting system, contact 4Help at email@example.com.
How to get a vaccine
- Employees or students in the New River Valley: Visit the New River Health District’s website for upcoming vaccination clinics.
- Employees or students in other parts of Virginia: Visit your local health district office’s website.
- You may also use https://vaccines.gov to book a vaccination appointment with a national pharmacy.