Community Wellness Commitment
Guided by our Principles of Community and current public health guidelines, we recognize that during the ongoing global pandemic, we must commit to additional measures to mitigate the health risks and care for each other, especially the most vulnerable. Our daily commitment to the health and safety of our community will be an exercise in living out the Virginia Tech motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
As members of the community, we pledge to care for the health and well-being of others by personally adopting our Community Wellness Commitment:
- We will affirm our commitment to the safety, health, and well-being of our campuses and local communities.
- We will affirm that we will support the mental well-being of all community members.
- We will wear face coverings/masks in public areas.
- We will practice physical distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- We will practice good hygiene, including frequent handwashing and covering coughs or sneezes.
- We will stay home and avoid public spaces when not feeling well.
- We will contact a health care provider or an urgent care facility if we believe we are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- We will support but avoid contact with those who are sick.
- We will follow public health guidelines and medical recommendations to be tested and self-isolate as necessary.
- We will make a list of all others with whom we have had close contact, if necessary, to aid in contact-tracing efforts.
For more information about the Wellness Commitment and how it was developed, read the story here.
Ready to print
The poster is customizable for external businesses, community organizations, and more. Logos and descriptive text can be added to the commitment, while leaving the 10 tenets intact.
If you need help customizing the poster with your logo and intro text, please submit your request here. We will do our best to help.